Saturday, May 24, 2014

What's For Breakfast?

This post if for all my other "foodies" out there! :) 
Do ya ever wake up in the morning CRAVING food?
 YESSSS!? 
Well, I had that issue this morning for the first time in a long time . . .

Our Saturday mornings sometimes STILL feel like I should be loading up the kids in our PJ's and heading straight to the delicious Chick-Fil-A down the street for a breakfast! I know this is because of the habit we had in the past. Our normal Saturday routine was getting the family in the van, Justin and I would get Starbucks vanilla latte or a frozen mocha, and then a McDonalds Egg and Cheese biscuit, or Chick-Fil-A Chicken breakfast burrito . . .
Which was my craving THIS morning! Oh MY . . .


I used to open it up and pour the Chick-Fil-A sauce all inside of it. Woah! 

Well, I would like to announce that this time I DID NOT give in and get the burrito 
for TWO Reasons…

REASON #1 - Not calories, but INGREDIENTS: It is full of Gluten (which makes me sick to my stomach), & Soybean Oils/ Preservatives (which cause my joints and muscles to become so inflamed that I ache with pain -like fibromyalgia) and did you know that their chicken alone has 30 ingredients!? WHY does chicken NEED 30 ingredients? Not only that, their egg has artificial flavoring and soybean oil? 
Nope… I didn't know that either back in the day.

REASON #2 - This PICTURE of myself from July of 2013 (Just 10 months ago)


I don't have very many pictures of myself like this (because I was embarrassed of my weight)… 
And honestly, it's pretty hard to look at now - 
NOT because of my size and how I looked, but because I remember the pain, emotionally and physically like it was yesterday!

So. . .  After processing through the "DO NOT GO GET THE BURRITO" thoughts this morning, I decided to take my Organic Free Range Eggs in the fridge and make my OWN HEALTHY breakfast burrito…


Ingredients: 
-Organic Ice Burg Lettuce (for wrap)
-2 Organic Free Range scrambled Eggs 
-1 spoon of Organic Plain Yogurt 
(to beat in the eggs before cooking- This gives the scrambled eggs a thicker, fluffier texture)
-1 Applegate chicken breakfast sausage link (8 natural ingredients)
-Sprinkle of shredded rghb hormone free cheddar 
-Spoonful of Organic black bean and corn Salsa


Don't forget the Fresh Organic Strawberries on the side! Oh me, OH my, so sweet!

Let me add, it was DELICIOUS and after I took the first bite, I totally forgot I ever even had thoughts about the Chick-Fil-A burrito. Woohoo!

Was it hard to talk myself out of the burrito? 
Yes, it's always hard . . . 
However, with 8 months of eating healthy and changing my thoughts towards food, it has become a lot easier over the months!

And just for a little INSPIRATION. . .  This was last month:


Size 18 to a size 8 in NINE months
Most Importantly, I don't hurt with the fibromyalgia pain I've lived with my entire life! 

Habits are a hard thing to break, but I'm living proof it CAN be done! 

What are you eating for breakfast in the mornings? 


No comments:

Post a Comment